Speak to your Roku using Voice Search now!
So what if you don’t have the enhanced Roku remote? Experience the excellence of the Voice Search
feature with the Roku mobile App. Just download the Voice Search on Roku app from any of the popular
app stores for your platform. Speak into the microphone to look for your favorite content. Like it is always
evident, the Roku player is the best with regards to streaming all types of media. If you are using an
Android Phone, you can easily find it in the Google Play Store and for iOS users, you can find it on the App
Review of the Roku app
- Roku’s mobile app is free for the iOS and Android devices. Turn your phone or tablet into the ultimate
streaming controller by simply downloading the app from your app store. It puts Roku search into the palm
of your hands.
- There are tabs at the bottom of the screen that let you choose some of the most popular features for
your player, including its settings.
- Tap the ‘Search’ icon and you can use the microphone to speak into your remote and locate your
- Impartial search results and listings are displayed
- Starting with the free ones, the paid channels also have their pricing against them
- The app comes with some convenient options.
- Videos, music, photos, etc. are taken from your device so that you can see them on your TV.
- In addition, you also have the channel store, the accessory store that explains your connectivity
options, and upcoming movies options.
- Click on the right-hand side of the category and a description appears and if you click on the left-
hand side, you get the icon itself.
- You can click on the ‘Follow’ button within the search to know all about the new shows that are
going to be telecast. You also have the ‘Unfollow’ option if you do not require any updates.
Downloading the app
- After you have downloaded the Voice Search on Roku app, click on the icon to launch the app. The
interface is more or less like the Roku remote itself except that now you can see it on your mobile
- Next, click on the hamburger menu on the top right corner or simply click on ‘search’ on top of the
- This will open up two options for you, the Voice and a text with a virtual keypad
- If you wish to use the text, feel free to go ahead type in your search criteria
- But your search only gets faster and simpler when you use the microphone
- Just press the microphone and speak your choice into it and the app pops it up for you
- Select the program that you wish to watch from the list (if there is one)
- You will now see the show displayed on your TV
- Use the app to scroll through the Roku player’s menu or even control volumes and other selection
The Voice Search on Roku app comes with some of the coolest features specially designed for your